Saturday, August 09, 2008

What else we've done this week...

I wasn't able to update much this week because it's been so crazy. Below is the college update, for those who care. I did that first. But of course that means you read it last. I hate that, it always feels out of order unless I try to plan it out better.

Anyway, this is the list of recent activities taking over my life:

1. I should be preparing for the shore house right now. I'm not ready. I won't be there long anyway, and Frankie is staying home, so I'm not in a rush to leave. Maybe I'll go tomorrow. I'm not too motivated to work too hard right now because I'm still tired (although not hung over) from

2. Last night -- Michelle and Matt's wedding. BEAUTIFUL! I cried when the Bride and Groom danced with her 17 year old son... it was so sweet, I felt so happy for them all, to have found each other. Perfect and romantic. And then, the music was quite cool -- the usual standards, and a few (very few) updates, and then a whole latin dancing part which I enjoyed. Plus great food. And Michelle looked AWESOME. I missed the church part, because I was...

3. ... still shopping for something to wear, as she was probably walking down the aisle. That was yesterday afternoon, I shopped for two and a half hours trying to find ANYTHING I could wear and look decent in -- I didn't do that well, I ended up with a blouse, but what are you going to do? I would have shopped sooner but Thursday Night was,

4. THE EDDIE VEDDER CONCERT!!! :) <3 (less than three symbol means "heart":)
It was so AMAZING. Pearl Jam concerts are great; part of what I love about them is the sing-along aspect. They rock out, but you can hear the audience just totally singing from the soul, giving it right back. It's like we are all one organism... but Eddie, who is Pearl Jam's lead singer, did a solo tour as well, and it was vastly different. It was at a smaller venue, for one thing; it was in the heart of Newark, NJ (not somewhere we venture for many reasons) at the opera house - like NJPAC theater. Very posh, and excellent acoustics. The stage was sparse, with only his own equipment, practically an acoustic set -- a combination of "VH1's Storyteller's" and "Unplugged." I would love to post a you tube video from the concert, but they keep taking them down for copyright claims. But anyway - It was an amazing concert, and unlike Pearl Jam concerts, the audience sat quietly -- there was a hush over the crowd, mostly, and Eddie told stories and talked as well as singing. It was like you were hanging out with him. Very cool. And the songs were done on acoustic guitar, ukelele, and mandolin; and one song, "Arc", had Ed just playing his own voice on a loop of tape, then playing it back and layering it with his voice again, and then playing it back and layering, over and over until he had the whole song. It was amazing.

That was the same day as
5. The Rowan College Tour -- which I wrote about below. Which is why I haven't had time to write. I've packed a lot of stuff in, in a short amount of time. And don't forget that on Tuesday, after work, I had

6. Andrew S.'s Eagle Court of Honor, from Venturing. I think it went well.

So... that's about it. Now it's time to do something else. I have a book I want to finish reading. And Eddie Vedder's concert made me feel very artistic, I ought to paint something. And the house is a wreck, I ought to clean. And I've pulling the lilac out of the back yard because I need a patch of ground to plant beans and things, we need to grow more veggies. And, like I said, I've gotta pack, which means I've gotta finish the laundry. And I have a salsa I want to prepare to bring with me.

I'll post again soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a busy, busy week. i love weddings. and dancing to latin music is fun.
concerts are fun when the audience is "one organism" with the band.
sounds like the wedding was that way too. best wishes to all.