Saturday, August 09, 2008

Ok. Now I can update you. Finally.

Sorry about that. I meant to get right back on the blog and update, but time has been slipping away. Now Thor and Nick have taken off to the beach again, and the computer is working again, I have the time to write.

Well, Rowan was really nice. I took Frankie and Nick and Kyle, Nick's friend, just for the company. Frankie was suitably impressed. He seemed less stressed than he was on other college visits, so that's a good sign. I think the two other boys being there really helped.

Rowan is a college in Glassboro, NJ. It used to be called Glassboro State, because it is a NJ State college in Glassboro, NJ. Get it? Well, then Mr. Rowan (and I guess Mrs. Rowan too) decided that they wanted more emphasis on engineering opportunities in southern NJ. So they decided to donate a 100 million dollars to Glassboro. So they changed the college's name -- and put tons of money into the engineering department! So their engineering department, overall, is ranked like
16th in the country.

It looked like your average college campus, under construction. It was pretty big. Kyle was not overly impressed, but he's looking into computers, and he's already fallen in love with Rochester College in NY. Rowan isn't as big into computers, which is fine with Frankie. Nick liked it too -- but he still has trouble figuring out any idea of what he wants to do with his life.

It took quite a while to get there -- it was a whole day out, between the long drive to the end of the NJ Turnpike, and then the tour, and then the drive back.

Frankie will probably apply there.

1 comment:

Beth said...

OK..so you were a little busy.
I'm glad Frankie liked the college.
I'm glad you had a great time at the concert.
I think <3 looks more like an ice cream cone than a heart.
I need to update my blog. Lots to say and no time to blog.
Talk to you later...try to have a good time down the shore.