Monday, October 23, 2006

Boy Scout post

I'm so proud of the boys (not mine, but the troop!) -- the few that actually attended the camporee on Saturday came in first place! Of course, my own kids didn't attend the camporee. But I'm proud of the rest of them!

They did really well in orienteering, fire building, and pioneering -- I'm especially proud of the orienteering part, because we worked on that at the last camping trip. I've finally learned orienteering myself. I had to learn it so I could teach it to them. I'm not good at it -- but at least now I have a clue.

So yesterday morning, I also had a small group of kids in Roosevelt Park doing an orienteering course to sign off requirements. Which is nuts because it takes me so long to set up a course, because I don't know what I'm doing, and so my whole weekend ended up revolving around this activity. But it was nice to spend so much time in the park on such a nice weekend. I got a little exercise and fresh air.

No comments: