Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Traditions that make me fatter

As many of you may know, I live across from the elementary school. Every Halloween, they have a bake sale. Every year, my mother would bake gingerbread men and decorate them for the bake sale. Then, I grew up and I started baking for the bake sale. It was a tradition -- I made the gingerbread men too. Someone else, though, while my boys were small, used to make stacks and stacks of pineapple upside down cakes. They sold really well. So a newer part of the tradition started -- I would buy a pineapple upside down cake, after I baked the gingerbread men.

I lOVE gingerbread men AND pineapple upside down cake. I have everything I need to make them in the pantry. I am also about 30 lbs overweight. BUT IT'S a TRADITION!!!

My boys aren't in elementary school anymore. I will probably be avoiding the costume parade this year, I'll see my aftercare kids in aftercare, and that's plenty. So I can avoid the bake sale. BUT IT's a TRADITION!!!

I think I'll go for a nice long walk today.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Also. I bought a bunch of candy to give out that I don't really like.

I've been eating it anyway. Not liking it won't stop me!