Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm planning to go to Pittsburgh for the weekend!

I was so excited when Frank suggested that I go to Pittsburgh to visit Jan this weekend! He had a business trip scheduled, so he flew out this morning. The plan was for me to fly out after work, and then Jan will pick me up, I'll stay at her house, and we'll pick Frank up in the morning. It's only a short trip, for one night. The return ticket is for Saturday evening. This is the first business trip Frank has asked me to go on in the 25 years he's worked for his company.

I miss Jan, she's a BFF for a long long time... as long as Beth and I. (Beth and Jan were BFF's before I was around.) And I haven't seen her new house since she moved out there, which has been a few years already. So I was excited to make the trip.

On the other hand, I was also nervous about it. I haven't flown by myself since I was a kid. In fact, I hadn't flown much at all in the years following Sept. 11. It seemed rather scary. But here it is, September 12 2008, and I guess it's time to try.

 
Posted by Picasa


So here I am, on the train. I'm going to take the train to the monorail to the plane. But first, I will have to overcome a series of challenges.

No comments: