Saturday, September 06, 2008

NOMA-PALOOZA!

Well, that's what we decided to call it.

All summer, I've been wanting to get to a festival. Mostly, Bonnaroo. But also a few bluegrass festivals, and Burning Man... and I haven't gotten anywhere really. So this was the best I could do.

So last night, Frank and I went to the Union County Music Fest 2008. It was a free concert in Nomahegon Park in Cranford. They had tons of co-sponsors, corporate sponsors, and cooperation from government and the Union County College and just a ton of organizations. And they had booked several really decent (in my opinion, anyway,) bands. People with a bunch of hits -- maybe on the older side, but not just doo-wop, anyway.

It was a great event. And here is my really really really long blog post to tell you all about it. I hope you have time to sit and read. Well, if you don't, it doesn't really matter, because like I told Frank, I really actually do write this stuff for myself. I like to write it and put it together. Read as much as you want. When you get bored, log off. I won't mind.

The concert is continuing today -- but today a huge hurricane is bearing down on Jersey. Today, the Gin Blossoms are supposed to be playing, who I most want to see. The B-52's too. But I don't know if we'll make it.

So anyway -- here is the blog of what I did yesterday.

First, we drove to the festival.
 

I love this picture. This is so "Jersey."
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Niall young said...

"There's a Moon up in the sky and it's called 'The Moon'"...I love the B52's!!