Sunday, February 15, 2009

Madame Marie

 

Madame Marie, a boardwalk fortune teller, was made famous in Bruce Springsteen's song "4th of July in Asbury Park (Sandy)" and I guess this is the actual Madame Marie's stand, as seen from the glass shop next door.

I'm going to take a bunch of these photos and make them into a video slide show for that song. I tried to do it last night, but it got difficult (probably due to too much wine.)

The line is "... and the cops finally busted Madame Marie for tellin' fortunes better than they do... "

You should have seen how many people took pictures of THIS place!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

SaoirseDaily2 said...

Looks like a very cool place. I love the blown glass balls. We have a store in town that has them and I always captivated by them. I really enjoyed your pictures.The one of the wedding couple is very nice. Have the a nice rest of the weekend.

Sue said...

Saoirse - You would not believe how many photos I took. Thanks, you have a great weekend too!