Tuesday, February 03, 2009

More artsy pictures.

I know I'd mentioned earlier this week about wanting to get more artsy, remember? Well, the landscape in the winter without snow is mean and ugly. It's full of trash and bits of litter, even my own yard. The grass is dead and soggy and brownish tinged with green, the garden has more dirt than plants.

Cover everything with clean white snow and it looks much better, doesn't it? A fresh clean shroud, until things become alive again and start to grow.

So I went outside to let the cool air clear my head and to see things with a different eye. I took a few artsy photos while I was at it.

 


So many of my old photos are gone. So I'll take more to replace them. But right now, my files are empty of the good photos I am looking for. It will take a while to build up my files again. And then, I'll probably lose those photos too. Oh well, such is life.

This is my azalea bush, which will have beautiful hot pink flowers this spring, but right now it looks like a cotton plant. Not that I really know what a cotton plant looks like, but this is the way I imagine it would look. Maybe it's a snowball bush.

I really want to update my gardens this spring. I think now might be a good time to look at the catalogs and decide what kinds of seeds I want to plant. I want to grow lots of string beans, and some tomatoes, and I'm thinking about butternut squash. I want a few zuchini, and a few peppers, even though they never grow too well for me, and parsley and basil and mint for tea. And I want to update my rock garden in front of the house with annuals, but I need to really dig out the bed first, and pull out all of the bulbs and add more.

I have so much energy for gardening right now when I know how absolutely impossible it is to actually do anything. Funny how that works, isn't it? As soon as it's warm and spring, I won't have any interest in gardening at all.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to your old pictures?!?! They're gone? :(

I noticed you on Gotcrowd today but I couldn't jump on at the moment. So here I am. See ya later!

Love,
Sharon

Sue said...

Hi Sharon!
My hard drive crashed and I lost a lot of my photos. I was thinking about GotCrowd, and sure enough, some of my favorites are posted on there -- so they aren't all gone for good!

Niall young said...

I love love love the snow...we get so little of it where I live sadly..but we've had some this week, and I even managed to build a snowman...and my sentiments too regarding the beautiful way the white covers the garden..although if you visit my blog, you'll see we went and picked up all the snow for the snowman!