Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Chris's Tattoo

  Everyone is into tattoos these days.



When RJ said he wanted a tattoo, I drew a picture for him, but I never really expected he'd get it. I was significantly stressed when I saw it permanently engraved in his flesh -- I at least thought he'd wait until he was old. I don't even have a picture of it; I took one, once, but it must have been in the computer before it crashed.

Anyway, Chris wanted one, too, so I drew it -- even though I wasn't sure I should, considering how worried I was about RJ's. Chris said he'd wait until he was 18, which seemed like a far time away. Well, Chris is turning 18 this week.

I had a similar reaction when I saw the photo of Chris's tattoo. I hesitate to do murals for people, even, because I feel like it's so permanent. It's really weird to do a sketch and have it permanently engraved on someone. However, it is also very flattering, that they liked my sketch that much.

I just REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that they don't regret getting tattooed. Which I think is very possible, no matter what image it is, whether it's mine or another one.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: