Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Visits

  It was a very busy weekend of Christmas visits and parties. All the decorations were up and plenty of food was made, although to be truthful, not ALL of the decorations ever made it out of the box, and most of the food was provided by other people. It was a lot of fun, we were very very jolly.

Even so, I'm STILL not feeling very Christmassy. I had a great time, but it wasn't anything to do with the "spirit of the season," it was just having a good time seeing everyone. I couldn't really enjoy listening to Christmas music. I'm not connecting with the magic of the holiday. It might be at least partly because I'm not around little kids who believe in Santa very much anymore. Only Sabrina and Kelly. Sabrina, does this picture look more spooky or less spooky?

I took a sick day off work today and I'm planning on cleaning and shopping and organizing. I'm very happy to be home alone... it's wonderful! Maybe the next thing I need to do is get some of those old classic Christmas movies on the tv, while I fold laundry. That should get me in the holiday spirit!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Niall young said...

I always put my DVD of 'White Chrismas' on ..get a big mug of hot chocolate and turn the heating up a notch...and you know what response I get?..."oh no Dad, not that sad old movie again!...why's it so hot in here....where's MY hot chocolate?"...you can't win