I received this email from someone I know who isn't in the greatest mood lately... but she makes some very good points.
Sue...I put my own comments in after each one... lol...
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.No shit it isn't fair. If it was fair all the bitches would be fat ugly and bald, with out men and broke.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step. But keep your eyes wide open... cause most likely there is a pile of shit somewhere nearby.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. But sometimes you just gotta hate some people.
4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does. yeah I know very few people take me seriously.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month. nuff said
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree. I don't usually win arguments, but if I am right I will prove it!!!
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone. I feel sorry for the people I end up crying too. They probably have learned to not answer when I call.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it. I don't get angry with God. He didn't do it. I am angry with me, and a few others. I am thankful he listens to me bitch and complain though!!!
9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay cheque. Now ya tell me
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile. I can do with out chocolate... until I go to work... then gimme gimme!!! But I did loose 7 pounds so I guess I am not eating too much.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present. I try to make peace with every thing and every one. My present is already screwed up.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry. That's good, cause he has!!
13. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about. I compare all the time. But I know that I am where I am supposed to be...even if I don't like or understand it.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it. No kidding. Hmph I would have never guessed that one.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. yep don't I know it
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind. sometimes you can even get a good head rush!!
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful. Well I guess I have alot of stuff to be rid of, my ex husband, a few other things.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger. And tell me when is that strength they talk about actually kick in. I should be super girl!
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else. I had a happy childhood, it is adult life that isn't going too smoothly.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer. Sometimes you hafta take no for an answer... otherwise you are labeled a stalker.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special. I do burn my candles, I use my sheets, and wear my lingerie... why wait... but today isn't very special. It is just the same as yesterday.
22. Over-prepare, then go with the flow. I always overprepare. I was a girl scout ya know.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple. What does purple hafta do with old age?
24. The most important sex organ is the brain. I don't think I ever had the big O from my brain or anyone elses for that matter!
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you. I agree, but you need someone to help you in happiness. Being alone is not very happy.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years time, will this matter?' truthfully not much will matter in 5 years. but stuff still happens and it still sucks.
27. Always choose life. Well no duh!
28. Forgive everyone everything. I can forgive... and I have... but I will never forget... and in some cases will make sure other people won't either.
29 What other people think of you is none of your business. If it involves me it is my business. But most times it is better off if you don't know.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time. notice the almost.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change. yep, it usually does... but sometimes it is for the worse!!
32. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch. How true that is.
33. Believe in miracles. I do. and I am hoping and waiting for mine.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do. I am thankful for that.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now. I do try to make the most of nothing. But sometimes you are just not in the mood.
36. Growing old beats the alternative of dying young. Agree totally
37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable. I try that with all my heart and soul.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved. I loved, and loved and loved...it would be nice to have that feeling returned on occasion.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere. So that is why I haven't gotten my miracle yet... I like being inside.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back. I know my problems aren't as bad as some. No doubt there!!!
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need. I do have all I need. My son, family. A place to live, a job, etc. Still it would be nice to have a companion.
42. The best is yet to come. Good, cause I don't think I found the best yet.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up. I do... sometimes.
44. Yield. yield, I am a doormat... I think maybe for me it should say stop!
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift. I am grateful for all that I have... Especially my family and friends.