Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Last Day of 2008


glitter-graphics.com

The men are off to the mountain to ski, and I thought I'd check in here at a computer for just a minute. I'm supposed to be at the exercise room on the treadmill already. I've made a resolution to lose weight this new year, and I don't believe I'm going to wait until tomorrow to start. I also don't believe I'm not going to eat and drink as much as I want! But I hate feeling so thick around the middle, so it's starting now.

It's snowing like crazy, and we're having a lovely day so far. We've got a great party planned for tonight... hopefully even better than last night... and it seems like a good way to rap up the old year.

I'll check in again later, hopefully!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday...Happy New Year Sue!
Glad your having fun!!! No snow here yet but very cold.....I'm making the same resolution along with 11 million more : )

Niall young said...

ase can you send me the snow!!!..it's minus 4 degrees here ...frosty...foggy (hey, it is England after all!)...but no snow.

So I wish you and your family a very Happy New year! 2009 here we come!

pink dogwood said...

Happy New Year Sue - may you find the strength to stick to your resolution :)

jozien said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Beth said...

OK...I know I'm a day late but you're not home. I called the house and left a message saying Happy Birthday yesterday but you had already left. Now I know you're away....did anyone else go with you guys. What party did you plan? Hope it was fun. We were in bed by 10:30pm I woke up at 11:35pm and fell back to sleep and woke at 12:15am. they say what you are doing at midnight is what you'll being doing mostly that year. Does that mean I'll finally get the sleep I want? or does it mean I'll keep waking up every 45 minutes.....Happy New Year. Call when you get home.

Anonymous said...

Happy 2009! I just noticed the 2008 NaNoWriMo button - that's awesome!

Sue said...

Laurie -- I know that you'll be better at keeping your resolution than I will!

Niall -- Frosty can be beautiful... We got the snow up in the mountains, but again not much here where I live! When I came home, there was the barest trace on the ground. But at least we didn't have to shovel!

Pink -- Thank you, and the same to any resolutions that you attempt! Happy New Year!

Jozien -- Thank you! And I hope you have a "fine 2009" !

Beth -- Just the Jacksons came with us. It was a nice party though :D... I think you will definitely get the sleep for the new year. I'm very optimistic about 2009!

RC Teacher -- Well, I ATTEMPTED Nanowrimo. Unfortunately you'll notice that I didn't post the "Winner" button for Nanowrimo for this year. But I did win one other year! I had a really good story going when my computer crashed. I'm going to try again, though! And I might not wait for November! Happy New Year!