Friday, April 17, 2009

Dave Matthews Band Concert

I meant to write about the concert yesterday but I had so much going on that I didn't have a chance to. It was a great concert, though!

This is a little picture I took with my cell phone. Things were bigger than they appear on this little screen!

Our seats were on the side, but all the way down at the bottom so it was like being on the floor -- they were actuall folding chairs. DMB played a lot of their own great tunes - he played "Satellite", of course, and a bunch more -- and a few great cover tunes, like "Burning down the house" and "All Along the Watchtower" which was the peak of the show for Frankie. We all like DMB a lot but we aren't the same kinds of rabid fans for them like we are with Pearl Jam, so we were dancing in our seats but not really singing along. (I'm sure the people all around us were grateful!)

I think it was different from a Pearl Jam show for that reason; there was a lot more dancing going on all around us, but at Pearl Jam it's more male and less dancing. And at Pearl Jam all of the audience energy goes into the singing, the audience will drown out the band sometimes. I don't know the words for DMB's songs -- but plenty of other people were singing, just not nearly as many as at PJ.

Anyway, it was a great night out. Then we had Frankie there to drive us home, which was good because we all drank as much as we wanted.

And I caught Frankie singing a DMB song yesterday -- so I know he enjoyed himself too!

No comments: