Saturday, January 10, 2009

It was supposed to snow a lot today.

So I thought, wouldn't it be cool to make a movie showing the snow accumulating? I had wanted to try a stop action movie with my camera and the picasa program. So this is what I came up with.

For those of you who haven't been to my house, this is the view out the front window. This is the same view I've been looking at every single day since I was born. It isn't a spectacular view, but I do love it. It could certainly be worse.



Obviously the music is by Eddie Vedder. (That isn't obvious to you? It's obvious to me! It's Tuolumne from his Into the Wild album.)

It took me a while to get this finished, and I don't love it... but I had fun, and I have a great idea for the next movie :) And yeah, next time I guess I'll use the tripod!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool movie...except not alot of snow...you can still see the grass! We got what looks like a foot. Not too sure how accurate that is....since we had some on the ground already.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!.....your talents are being wasted at JFK : )

Zee said...

That is a cool statement indeed - I love the music in the background!
We got about 10 inches here...

Sue said...

We did end up getting a little more after it was too dark to see. But not anywhere near 10 inches.

Thanks for watching and commenting, I had fun!

Niall young said...

everyone except little old Derby in UK seem to be getting snow!..My friend in Porto, Portuagal got some snow this week!...and this stop frame technique is great..I'm sure you'll find other ways to exploit it!

Beth said...

Cool.....get it...cool...snow...he he....I think I'm losing it.

Sue said...

I never knew that Portugal got snow... or doesn't it? Don't they have orange trees and things there? You can have the little we got. I'll send it to you.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea! And you did a good job!

Vincent said...

Good idea for a home movie. A pity there was not more snow. I have never seen snow in my life. Can you believe it? Here in the tropics, the weather is more or less the same throughout the year except from Nov to Jan when it is a little cooler.

Sue said...

Thanks, all!

Vincent -- snow is fun on days you have off, but just an inconvenience on regular work days!

Anonymous said...

I'll email you a picture of our snow! We still have ice on the trees from the ice/snow event from last week.

Mom