Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Big Friday Night - and Panasonic's G1 Camera!

 
The wait is over! Here's the big post! And I do mean big... you'll have to scroll down through a whole lotta pictures to see what we did last night. And this morning.

Here I am, as we got on the train last night for New York City. Thor is taking this picture using his amazing new camera, Panasonic's G1. We love it already. Well, I should say HE loves it already. Thor says the camera was "Popular Photography" magazine's camera of the year for 2008. And, unfortunately, it is HIS camera, not mine... but he is willing to share.

So, this was the plan. I had gotten Thor free tickets for a show for Christmas. Aren't I a big spender? I had gotten an email saying I could get free tickets to see "TEN", which is a Pearl Jam Tribute band, at BB King's Club in New York City. So I decided it was a perfect gift for him. Of course, the only show was at 12:00 midnight.

I ordered the free tickets, which actually ended up costing me $12.00 with tax and shipping and handling (I printed them out on the computer, but there were still charges for SOMETHING.) He seemed to love the present on Christmas. I love a really good present for someone that doesn't cost too much! :)

But a few practical questions came up... like, for example, the fact that very few trains come back that late at night. And it's a pretty far walk to the train station. Well, not TOO far, but pretty far for that late at night. And it just seemed like a great idea to actually stay over in NYC. I've never slept in the city before!

The rates weren't too bad, considering it was NYC. It cost like $160-ish with tax and fees -- so there you go, my free Christmas present for Frank was rather expensive. Not to mention dinner and breakfast and train fare. But it was still a nice idea, wasn't it?

So here are a bunch of photos, taken with the mega camera, of all around NYC. We didn't actually bring the camera to the "Ten" show, because we weren't sure we could bring it in, and it just seemed simpler not to.

I hope this whole thing was worth the wait, and all that dramatic tension I tried to build up!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Beth said...

You look adorable

Sue said...

Thanks. I think I look rather large.

pink dogwood said...

The whole thing looks like so much fun - and you two look so happy. Thanks for sharing, it was great.

GEM said...

THe only thing that looks large in that picture is your smile!