Thursday, January 08, 2009

My eyes...

... are very blurry right now, I can't see a thing.

I just got back from the eye dr. -- a new one, higher up the food chain from the last two eye drs. I went to -- and he said that a bunch of things are making me have eye problems -- I'm allergic to my contacts (didn't even know that was possible!) -- I have rosacia (which I don't know how to spell, but is usually a skin condition) inside my eyelids, they are very dry, and I need bi-focals (That part I figured out on my own.) So I'm pretty happy because none of that is insurmountable, as long as I throw enough money at it (buy new glasses, buy different brand of contact lens, buy prescription.)

Also good news -- Frankie and I finally finished the paperwork for a scholarship he is applying for, for college. Who knows? It's a bit like the lottery. No guarantees, but you gotta be in it to win it.

Also good news -- Thor is going to visit Barnegat this weekend, and taking Nick, so I've the house (almost) to myself. Now, I just have to convince Frankie that he WANTS to go with them. PLEASE. He loves to go to Barnegat, but he wants to spend time at home hogging the computer we are sharing.

I got go so I'll post again one of these days...

4 comments:

Beth said...

I'm glad you have some answers and you can do something about it.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Patty has rosacia also. You might want to talk to her about it.

Mom

GEM said...

I have roseaca also!
Gem

Sue said...

It seems like a pretty common problem, just the fact that mine is primarily in my eyelids is a bit weird!