Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy Snow Day!




What a wonderful day I had! We had a day off from school in honor of the beautiful snow, and it was just perfect. It was the kind of day you always dream about on the days when you don't want to wake up in the morning... it was dark and cozy under the covers, and I could stay in bed as long as I felt like, listening to the sound of rain on the roof -- because of course the snow turned to ice and then to rain. I read a little while, I had many cups of lovely tea, I got a lot of work done, and I had time to talk to some of the friends I rarely get a chance to talk to. I even spent some time drawing. It was a perfect balance of being productive (at things that I can't usually catch up to) and being lazy.

I've been doing too many word posts lately and I want to do more artsy ones. Hopefully I'll have the energy for that in the next few days. I like the photography stuff the best because it often comes easy, but with the winter here, very little of the scenery and nature seems very interesting. I've been thinking about other kinds of arts projects that I would like to start... the big question is, will I make the time? I hope so! Anyway, with the kind of lovely day I had today, I'm really optimistic.

And now, Life on Mars is on... one of my favorite new shows. I'm gonna go watch it, I'll talk to ya later!

2 comments:

jozien said...

A day off, because of snow?! You're so lucky!
Snow is such a happy thing indeed.

Sue said...

Jozien, you would laugh if you saw how just a little bit of snow -- even an inch or two -- grinds us all to a complete halt.

But we live in such a busy place, and there are so many people on the streets, it does get a little dangerous to be out. And I think it is a great excuse for a holiday for everyone.

I love it!!!!