Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Count my Blessings part 2: on a smaller scale, but a long list!

OK, the previous list of my blessings were general. But I have a lot of more specific things. I'm going to try to keep in concise. But it will probably be long. And I'll probably come back later and add more. :)

1/2. Thor, my darling husband, whom I shall love forever, and who obviously didn't like being number 7 on the list :D
1. Whatever brain chemical/hormone is currently responsible for this great mood I'm in.
2. The food I just ate, tasty, hot, and filling. Even though it was leftovers.
3. This computer, which I can (and do) play on all day long.
4. The heater on (since it's so cold outside.)
5. The sun shining through the window.
6. The snow sparkling. And causing the snow day yesterday.
7. My husband and my boys. Obviously. I can go on more about that later.
8. The rest of my family, both the in-laws and the out-laws.
9. All of my friends. You know who you are.
10. Laughter. OK, specifically how hard we laughed last night watching TV.
11. Nirvana, for this song that I'm listening to right now... (RIP KC!)
12. Satellite radio, for no commercials.
13. My house, that I've always lived in, that feels like part of my family.
14. My teapot, and tea cups, and all that tea and sugar and milk.
15. Blackberry jelly, honey, and cinnamon and sugar, and toast and butter.
16. Peanut butter cookies (even if they are hard) and Biscotti (even if they are ugly.)
17. Books I have kept because I love them.
18. Books I haven't even read yet... I know they are out there.
19. Sleep. I love sleep.
20. My job. Where I have to go to right now.
21. Scouts! My avocation.
22. Making plans for tea with friends! :D
23. Toilet paper, ketchup, beer, mayonnaise, and other condiments. And I guess the wheel and fire, and all of those other inventions that we couldn't live without.
24. The stars in the sky, and especially the moon.
25. The fact that the sun is still out even though it's after 5:00 PM.
26. Digital cameras! No more buying film and paying for developing it!
27. Colored Pencils and heavy paper.
28. Crayons and princess coloring books.
29. Walt Disney World! And even better -- NASA!
30. My pink tent and my mummybag sleeping bag!
31. Woodstock and shopping in little crafty stores!
32. Leftovers! Yay leftovers! I don't have to cook tonight!
33. My Orange Aztec!
34. Pearl Jam and Uncle Ed!
35. My back patio swim club complete with fancy lights and fire pit -- opening soon!
36. Tissues with Lotion!
37. Sparkly costume jewelry!
38. Fleece sweat shirts and blankets!
39. Ipods, and the ability to surround your head with music at all times!
40.

OK, I can go on forever. You add more, and I'll add them to my list.

I guess, like I said, I'll write more later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful I made your top 7.

I'm also grateful for ketchup - one of the top 10 inventions ever, and so under-rated. It's right up there with beer and toilet paper.

Thor

GEM said...

I'm grateful I made the top 9!

Thor, what about mayonaise? or for that matter all the condiments!

Sue, I need Tea with you!

Gem

jozien said...

Wow Sue!
That's a lot!

Thanks!

Beth said...

woodstock? you're grateful for
Snoopy's bird friend.....tee hee...
I know I know....remember I was there with you.....