Thursday, March 26, 2009

My big TV Debut was today!

 I was invited to be on a local public broadcasting television show, about kids with intestinal disorders... things like Crohn's. Dr. Rosh, who was also on the show, invited me. I had just been into his office with Frankie about the week before, so I guess I was fresh in his mind as a patient's mom who liked to talk alot. Thor just happened to take a vacation day today and tomorrow, which was great because he came with me. I was more nervous about getting there than I was about being on the show in the first place.

It was a very good discussion. The show will air in June sometime, and when it does, I can post a link because they also broadcast the whole thing on the internet. Won't that be exciting? (No yawning allowed!)

I don't think I said anything that would embarass Frankie too much. I really, really, really can't wait to see it, though. I think I looked terrible -- but that's OK, I think I looked Mama like, which was what I was supposed to look like. The TV adds 10 pounds, right? That's about 50 pounds overweight.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

jozien said...

Sue! You are beautiful!
Even if i haven't seen you in real life. I know, like your mom, that you tinkered with that picture way below(the EEK one).
And never say again that your life is boring.
And all the best with that Crohns disorder.

Beth said...

It looks great...hope you had a wonderful time....spread the good word....

Sue said...

Jozien -- No, like I said, the eek picture is true; the other one was touched up! But I don't mind, I was never all about looks in the first place. And true, my life can be very interesting at times :D Just not all the time. Yours seems interesting all the time. My 18 year old is the one with the Crohns, and he's doing much better lately -- we have our fingers crossed!

Beth-- I did have a good time. And I think that the show was interesting, but I'm not sure how many other people will think so... you'll have to let me know when you watch it if you fall asleep, or if you are interested.

Vincent said...

You are going to be very popular! Can you cope with the fame? :-)

Sue said...

Vincent -- Would you like my autograph, dahling?

Seraphine said...

that's great.
knowing you, i'm sure you were wonderful.

Sue said...

Sera -- I won't know for sure until I see the tape, hopefully it wasn't too bad...